Phoebe is not currently accepting submissions, but please send your work when we open back up on August 15, 2014 in preparation for the fall/winter 2014 print issue.
Phoebe seeks to publish quality writing: fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Please review website publications, especially our latest online issue, for an idea of the writing we publish.
How to Submit
We only accept online submissions. Mailed paper submissions will be recycled, unread.
Submitting to Phoebe is free and online. We encourage you to read our specific guidelines below. When you’re ready to submit your work, just follow this link over to submit online. Stay tuned for information about future contests.
Fiction, Poetry, and Nonfiction Submissions
- We do not consider previously published work.
- If you’ve submitted to Phoebe in the past, or if you’ve been published in our journal before, you are welcome to submit your work again.
- We allow and encourage simultaneous submissions. Please use our online submission portal to withdraw submissions. We really appreciate if you do this as soon as you know a submission is no longer available for publication.
- We ask for no more than one poetry submission of 3-5 poems, one fiction submission of up to 4,000 words, or one nonfiction submission of up to 4,000 words.
- Reporting time is four to six months, though usually sooner.
- Contributors receive two copies of the journal upon publication, along with our gratitude and respect.
Question? Feel free to email us at Phoebe@gmu.edu